- This privacy notice aims to inform you about how we collect, use, disclose and store information about you when you:
- Interact with or use our Websites, including downloading materials from our software download or requesting demo or support. (for example, realtelematics.com, icekloud.com, realcontrol.co.za, realtrack.co.za)
- Register for and/or attend any of our events, webinars, or demos
- Use any of our products, services or applications (including any e-mails) in any manner.
What information does Real Telematics collect
We gather various types of information, including information that identifies or may identify an individual.
Information Customer/ Agent provide to us
We may collect any Personal Information that you choose to send to us or provide us, for example “Get in Touch” online form. If you contact us through the Websites we will keep a record of your correspondence.
We receive and store information you provide directly to us. For example, when setting up new users/ drivers, we collect Personal Information, such as name and e-mail address, to provide them with the product and services. The type of information we may collect directly from our Customers/Agents and their users include: Names, usernames, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, job titles, location, transactional information, as well as any other contact information you choose to provide to us or upload to our systems in connection with the products and services.
When you visit Websites, Applications or Mobile Applications, we collect certain information related to your Real Telematics devices.
We keep track of user activity in relation to how our customers/agents and their users configure their Real Telematics devices and services, as well as performance metrics relating to the use of our products and services.
We log information about our Customers/ Agents and their users when Customer/ Agent use our product and services.
While using our products and services, you may be asked to provide feedback (e.g. in the software directly or after receiving help from our support team). Providing this feedback is entirely optional, and is used only to improve our service offering.
How do we use the information?
We will use the information we collect via our Websites/ Applications:
- To administer our Websites, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Website/Applications to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- For trend monitoring;
- For purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – for example, to fulfill your request for a demo, to provide you with access to one of our Websites/ Applications or to provide you with information you have requested about our Products and services
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website/Applications secure.
Our use of your Personal Information may be based on our legitimate interests in ensuring network and information security, or where you provide consent for it (e.g. when you request a demo).
We may use the information we collect from our customers/ agents and their users in connection with the Products and services we provide for a range of reasons, including:
- Setup of user accounts,
- Providing, operating and maintaining our Products and services;
- Processing and completion of transactions, and sending related information, including transaction confirmations and invoices;
- Managing our customers’ use of our Products and services, responding to enquiries and comments, and providing customer service and support;
- Sending customers technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and administrative communications;
- Investigating and preventing fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to Products and services, and other illegal activities; and
- Any other purposes for which we notify customers and users.
We use your Personal Information in this context based on the contract that we have in place with you, or for our legitimate interests regarding security purposes (e.g. the prevention and investigation of fraudulent activities). Personal Information will be deleted based on the terms of the contract. You can exercise your rights regarding your personal information by filling out this form.
How do we share and disclose information to Third Parties?
We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who we employ to perform tasks on our behalf. These companies include (for example) our payment processing providers, product feedback consultants or helpdesk software providers, CRM service providers, email service providers and others. If Real Telematics receives your Personal Information in Europe and subsequently transfers that information to a third party agent or service provider for processing, Real Telematics remains responsible for ensuring that such third party agents or service providers process your Personal Information to the standards required by the applicable privacy laws, including POPIA and GDPR.
We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to legally valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We use appropriate technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Privacy Rights
You may opt not to disclose information to us, but bear in mind that some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
How can Customer/ Agent Exercise Data Subject Rights
If you would like to access, review, update, rectify, or delete any Personal Information we hold about you, or exercise any other data subject right available to you under the South African Protection of Personal Information Act or POPI Act) you can either click the “Exercise your Rights” link available on the top left of our Privacy Notice or fill out this form. Our privacy team will examine your request and respond to you as quickly as possible.
Please note that we may still use any aggregated and de-identified Personal Information that does not identify any individual, and may also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
International Data Transfers
Personal Information you submit on the Websites or through our Products or Services may be sent to Europe and processed by us there or in other countries on our service providers’ cloud servers. We will always protect your information in accordance with this Privacy Notice wherever it is processed.
We continuously aim to improve our Websites / Applications and Products and services, so we may need to change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will alert you to material changes by, for example, placing a notice on our Websites and/or by sending you an email (if you have registered your e-mail details with us) when we are required to do so by applicable law. You can review when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the date at the top of this page. You are responsible for periodically reviewing this Privacy Notice.
Who to Contact
South African Information Regulator
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
RTS Information Officer
E-mail Address: Liesl@realtelematics.co.za
If you have questions, requests or concerns regarding your privacy and rights, please let us know how we can help.